Thursday 6 November 2014

The MBA- under process!

About two months have passed since my last post (Beware! An MBA under construction). Life has been a roller coaster ride for these months. Studies, exams, events and friendships, all have made this time the most happening time I have had since I graduated. Before joining the MBA class, I had certain goals in mind. A professional bucket list, the to-do items, most of which I am slowly but timely striking off.

  • Getting out of my comfort zone
  • Performing well in exams
  • Joining a college society
  • Getting an awesome placement
  • Getting fit

Yeah yeah, I know the last one is not suitable for a professional list but you know a healthy mind resides in a healthy body and business suits look better on a fit physique ;) (Not that I’m not pretty already, I am the next Ms. Universe, dare you refute my claim).

Not deviating from the main point (though difficult for a person who absolutely loves to talk about anything and everything in the world), I am fortunately in a happy space today (touch-wood!). 
Being very frank, it was not too long ago that I was aspiring to gain a place for myself in the top management schools in the country (An FMS would have sufficed ;) ). Accepting the fact that I could not get into my Red Building of Dreams was heart shattering. But two months into my present college, I have realized that certain things are just meant or not meant to be. 


Everything that happens, happens for good, they say. I could not agree more. There are certain things that I wish my present college had but then nobody and nothing is perfect! 

The campus is huge, faculty experienced and students enthusiastic about doing something good in life. We even have events and competitions organised specifically for the MBA students (Out of these is an event that deserves a separate post dedicated all to itself). Presentations happen everyday and any time (read minutes) left is assigned to assignments. In fact, what I realize today is, that this 9 to 4 timetable (though we rarely leave before 5 :P), has slowly adjusted my body clock to the office timings I am going to face in the near future. Working life will be an easy transition now (Phew!) .

Apart from these Academic points, this college has now given me a bunch of good friends. The kind of friends I used to miss in my Graduation years. Most of them, although very different from the kind of person I am, are genuinely fun to be around. After all, genuine happiness and smiles are all I expect from a real friend. 

All in all, I know I could have been somewhere else today, had certain events and exam results happened a little differently. But, this is the place, I now know I belong to. And I promise this girl named Aashima today that I am going to make these two years the best years of her life till now. I will put in all my heart and soul and she will leave as a better person when she finishes her degree.

On an ending note, though I could not land up in FMS, fondly called the Red Building of Dreams as it was just not meant to be. But funnily enough, my present college is a Red Building nevertheless! And mine is undoubtedly better than the former ;) 

A small proof supporting my claim! :D